First Colony

First Colony was among the first Master Planned Communities in the nation and the first one in Fort Bend County. It is a collection of many different neighborhoods with some common goals in mind. To protect property values and enhance the quality of life in the area. It has certainly succeeded in doing both.

Now, Master Planned Communities are getting to be very popular! Fort Bend County has 14 Master Planned Communities within its borders. As the name "Master Planned Community" implies, everything is planned out in advance. Where the shopping will be, where the parks will be and where the recreational facilities will be. I love the fact that in mere minutes, I can be at the local HEB or riding my bike through Oyster Creek Park on the paved trails.

Our area doesn't have zoning like a lot of other areas in the country do. We have what is known as Restrictive Covenants and Conditions, more commonly known as Deed Restrictions. When you buy a piece of property here, you are agreeing to certain conditions. For instance, you can't buy a residential home and run a commercial business out of it. This helps protect your property value and your quality of life.

I have lived in Magnolia Plantation in First Colony for 21 years now. All of the kids are grown and gone now but my wife and I still love the area and have decided to continue living here. I think you will like it as well!

Search First Colony Homes for Sale

Updated Jul 21, 2019 10:39:pm. Copyright © 2019, Houston Realtors Information Service, Inc. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified. The information being provided is for consumer's personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Any home sales data appearing on this page is obtained from public record sources (or estimates, for non-disclosure states) as provided by OnBoard, LLC and does not comprise an appraisal or a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA). This information should not be used to replace a professional appraisal nor to determine the price of a particular property.